Network Adapter Connectivity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cravingsleep

Baseband Member
I want to be able to connect to my router wirelessly, and I have been told that i will need a network adapter, my router is a NETGEAR DG834.

First of all is there certain network adapters that will only be able to connect to my particular router and then what should i look out for in terms of compatibility?

Secondly can you suggest any compatible network cards that are less than £20?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

You need a Wireless adapter. As long as it has the correct type of signal, b/g/n, and has the right security standard wep/wpa/wpa2, any adapter will work with your router. Almost all wireless adapters these days have all that.

I have this type. Different manufacturer, but same size It works awesome: Edimax EW-7811Un, USB 2.0, 150Mbps, IEEE 802.11b/g/n, 2.4 GHz, Wireless Adaptor - Scan.co.uk

Otherwise, if you want PCI-E X1: Edimax EW-7612PIn 300Mbps Wireless 802.11 b/g/n PCI Express Adapter - Scan.co.uk

Yeah, Endimax is a good supplier. I own 2 PCI wireless cards by them. Had no problem.

You need a Wireless adapter. As long as it has the correct type of signal, b/g/n, and has the right security standard wep/wpa/wpa2, any adapter will work with your router. Almost all wireless adapters these days have all that.

I have this type. Different manufacturer, but same size It works awesome: Edimax EW-7811Un, USB 2.0, 150Mbps, IEEE 802.11b/g/n, 2.4 GHz, Wireless Adaptor - Scan.co.uk

Otherwise, if you want PCI-E X1: Edimax EW-7612PIn 300Mbps Wireless 802.11 b/g/n PCI Express Adapter - Scan.co.uk

Yeah, Endimax is a good supplier. I own 2 PCI wireless cards by them. Had no problem.
Thanks, i think i'll go for the Edimax EW-7612PIn 300Mbps, because getting an extra 150Mbps seems reasonable for an extra £3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom