GTX 285's in SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too early to call it a victory. But i downloaded afterburner, set the fans up at 100% and played crysis 2 for about 30-35 minutes. 3840 X 1024 averaging around 60 fps, had one slowdown to around 6 fps for maybe 2 seconds. I had Hwmonitor running in the background, one card reached 89, the other 74.

Hopefully this solves the problem

Kevin

Just wanted to update thnigs in case anybody was reading this in the future. I had posted my computer was drawing 700 watts under full load...but i had 2 of 3 monitors plugged into the powerbar, therefore my psu was only drawing 600, no problem for a 750 psu.

Also, I think part or most of my problems were coming from my RAM timings. I had it set at 7-8-7-20 which my RAM supports, since i've backed it off to 8-8-8-22 i've had absolutely no problems at all.

Maybe someday this more or less useless info will help someone....

Thanks for the update.

Just a note, your PSU doesn't power your monitor. Even the PSU models with a second socket for connecting your monitor to, I think that just extends the power port? Nearly 100% sure, but that's without doing any research.

I know, thats why i felt like a jackass. I had two monitors plugged into the powerbar, which plugged into the voltage meter. When i was getting readings off 700 watts i was freaked out but now i realize that 100 watts were the monitors which weren't going through the psu at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom