Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - New PC build lagging

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Digerati
True Techie

Default Re: New PC build lagging

Quote:
My copy of Windows has been verified as genuine so I don't think I'm doing anything illegal.
A legal copy is the not the same thing as using it illegally. An upgrade is supposed to be for just that - to "upgrade" that computer from a previous version of Windows. Therefore, to be legal, you must have had a [legal] previous version of Windows installed on that machine prior to installing the Windows 7 upgrade. You apparently did not. So while you have a legal copy of Windows, it appears you are using it illegally and you need to purchase a new license for that "new", and NOT "upgraded", machine.

Quote:
I didn't have any problems with lag when I installed the game to the 2TB hard drive
But you did have problems with that drive when, "plug into the Intel controlled SATA III ports and the Marvell controlled SATA III ports with the same results (the Marvell had more lagging", right? So while your graphics controller may have good drivers, you still should check the motherboard maker's site for updated drivers.

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

─────────────────────

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.