New Computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

NASA22

Baseband Member
Hello everyone;

I will be building a new computer and I'd like to run the parts list by all of you experts before ordering. The budget is $500 and it will be used for internet browsing, word processing, media management, and some gaming every once in a while. Here is what I have come up with:

Mobo- Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
CPU- Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX
RAM- Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
HDD- Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
PSU- Newegg.com - APEX AL-D500EXP 500W ATX12V Power Supply
Case- Newegg.com - Rosewill FUTURE Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case,come with Four Fans-2x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan,1x Top 120mm Fan,1x Rear 120mm Fan,Support up to 7 Fans
Optical Drive- Newegg.com - LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - CD / DVD Burners
OS- Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - Operating Systems

Note: I decided to go with onboard video for now. I can always upgrade that aspect later.

With some discounts the total comes to $472.76. Anything that I forgot? Something you'd change? Any advice is appreciated. Also, what do you think of this motherboard ( Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-880GMA-USB3 AM3+ AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard )? It's a micro ATX while my other one listed is an ATX which I thought would be a little nicer. But I don't really see myself needing a ton of PCi slots. Any reason not to get the micro ATX and stay with the ATX? Thanks for all of your help in advance!

A quick reply would be fabulous as I would like to place this order tonight before some of the discounts expire. Thanks!

Get the WD 500GB Black. It will speed you up nicely.

Also, don't get that PSU. Never EVER skimp on a PSU. You risk hurting your system, and everything in it. If you ever want to upgrade, you'd want at least 600W. Look at a Corsair TX650.

Onboard video is fine. Just don't expect to play on ultimate settings.

Darn! I placed the order last night for the other board. Any idea when the new chips will be coming out?

Cool. Thanks for all of your help! I ended up getting the caviar black as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom