Graphics Card - Half life 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that with AA and AF, ATi wins, at lower res and no AA and AF nVIDIA wins??

Honestly you would be better off with either the high end cards for this game. Just like any other.

quote:Originally posted by pc_boy
No man. Those are just the minimum PC requirements. You need at least that to just start the game. You will need a far better computer to run it at good quality. for example, halo system requeremtnts are Windows, 733 MHz, 128 MB RAM, DirectX 7 graphics card, 32MB. And on my computer (see specs below) I could only run it on 800x600 otherwise it will lag. But ya, the 9600 XT will run it at good quality, I don't guaratee full rez and full detail.

Yes I am well aware of that. But his Graphics card is WELL above what is listed in the minimum requirements.

um.. ya... of course it's above it. Barely i can say. with a direct x 6 supporting vid card, i don't think you'll survive the first explosion in that game. Yes it is true that the 9600 XT would run good, but below average. PC requirements don't mean anything anymore, because it's like, "yeah you need this to open the game, we don't care if it is 1fps"

GameGURU said:

Honestly you would be better off with either the high end cards for this game. Just like any other.

I have to agree with GameGURU here...I'm sure either card on the right system will own the crap out of the game...why argue over 3 fps?

I also love how this thread went from someone asking if his ATI RADEON 9600 256MB ATLANTIS will be good enough to run the game and it ended up as a argument over which top-of-the-line graphics card is better....

Can't we all just get along? :p

HL2 is not out yet how do you know Nvidia owns ATI if you say source! it doesnt mean nothing wait till the actual game comes out

9600xt 256 mb will run H2 smoothly. I was asking myself the same question because I was going to get the 9600xt and I decided on getting radeon x700 instead because it well worth the extra 50 bucks.

5 3 l< 0 said:
HL2 is not out yet how do you know Nvidia owns ATI if you say source! it doesnt mean nothing wait till the actual game comes out

Steam released CS:S and they have testes the Souce engine with those gfx cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom