Case Proposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I was looking at the links Slaymate posted in Roark's modding tool thread. Just browsing performance-pcs.com

So, I see under cases, "Clearance Cases". Thought to myself, it's just probably expensive stuff that got marked down a little bit. So, I just decided to browse it. Not expecting much.

Holy S***

A BTX case, 50% off! $119.95 -> $59.98 Save: 50% off! Plus $20 shipping, but IDC. Still a steal.

Case: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=21010

Review and closer look: AeroCool Zero Degree Flexi Case Reviews - OCIA.net

I have looked and looked and looked for BTX cases. And this one is cheap. The reason I wanted BTX, is that I have room on the inner left side of my desk, A regular ATX would be hard to get at if I ever needed to get inside. It just looks awesome! Would be just perfect for me.
thumbsup.png
Have another system that I can put in there, too.

Do any of you have experience with Aerocool cases? If I get this, I might review this on TF.
wink.png

You don't see many BTX cases these days. If there are, they are d*** expensive.

Not sure if there was a question in there somewhere...

Went through the review you posted. First impression, it is a gorgeous case.
Lack of cable management is always a turn-off for me personally though.

I actually had to look up "BTX", looks like it was a fairly quick flash-in-the-pan.
Would love to see what you would do with it if you decide to pull the trigger though.

I guess I should have asked if I should jump the gun with this one. ;)

Wire management is no problem for me. I cleaned up wires in a terribly small case. Took a bit of work. Nothing a few cable ties can't tackle. :p
But, that case is very spacious, as they say in the review.

BTX is a different form factor. It is also a different orientation of the case. Everything is flipped. As you can see, the PCI slots are on the top, the I/O ports at the bottom. It's not widely spoken of, as only some manufacturers build BTX cases.

This is still in planning stages, but I plan to put my 1156 board and i5 760 in there. Maybe use it as a dedicated Linux system. Choices are endless.

Update: I found it on sale on Xoxide for $49.99! $10 cheaper. Bought! :D

I dare you to find a case that great at that price... ;)

Edit: Just like I promised earlier, I'll review it for you guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom