xp pro and windows messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

crward

In Runtime
messenger is ALWAYS run even when i stop it in the task manager it starts back up, really p*ssin me off now! anyone know how to stop it?

you want to uninstall it?...

.one method is to disable or set it to manual,...in the services in administrative tools

but to uninstall it do this,...i presume youre running XP..

choose start, run...and type c:\windows\inf\sysoc.inf

this will open a text file that hides some programs from the add/remove programs folder.

find a line that starts with "msmsgs=" and delete the word "hide"...just delete it...and don't put or add space or sumthin.

save the file and open control panels add/remove programs...and click window components button. scroll down the programs and you'll find windows messaging waiting for you to uncheck it.

done it but the messanger is still on my machine and still running :mad:
any more ideas?

it's still there! it won't uninstall and STILL keeps running even tho i've turn everything for it off. any more ideas?

go to run,..type msconfig...go to the startup tab,...and uncheck the msgr ..then reboot,...and after rebooting,...uninstall it with the intruction above.....

hey , follow these steps ,
double click the messenger icon to open it >> choose Tools >> choose Options >> Choose Prefrences tab >> ...uncheck these two lines :
a) Run this program when windows start.
b) Allow this program to run in the background.

After unchecking both , u will never c the msg running agin untill u order it to do so......
hope this helps

Right click on my computer and then click manage. Go to services and applications then go to services. Then find messenger and double click, then set it to manual or disable.

Also, you need to be signed on as the Administrator, not an account with admin rights.

I did the MSCONFIG and removed it from the start tab. Then made the changes under the Messenger preference tab. It worked for me and I did not uninstall it. I did it for another reason, and that was to run Trillian. Trillian runs Messenger but now I don't have to worry about Messenger popping up on its own.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom