Project: Server and Gaming Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
The motherboard support is the last piece of the case frame.

SupportBeamCU.jpg

MBSupport.jpg

MBSupportCU2.jpg

MBSupportCU.jpg

I spent a full day squaring up the case frame, squaring joints, re-aligning joints etc. in preparation of fastening the sheeting.

The steps I use to attach a sheet are:
  • Drill a hole in the sheet.
  • Use the hole in the sheet to guide the drill bit for the hole in the frame.
  • Thread the frame hole.

HowToAttachSheet1.jpg

• Countersink the sheet hole.

HowToAttachSheet2.jpg

• Admire work.
    HowToAttachSheet3.jpg

The case with the inner front, bottom and lower back panels attached.

BottomAndLowerbackAttached.jpg

That gives me a techie orgasm. How much money has this cost you so far?

The only thing I don't understand is, why not have the CD/DVD drive bays up front? :-\

That gives me a techie orgasm. How much money has this cost you so far?

The only thing I don't understand is, why not have the CD/DVD drive bays up front? :-\

I'm "just" the case builder.

There aren't any external drives. On the back, up top will be 3x120mm exhaust fans. Below those and to the left will be two PSUs and then of course 2 motherboard trays. :)

How much has this costed someone else? XD I might kinda want something this sexy one day. Though I can not figure out why someone wouldn't want a CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive available on the system o.0

My client selected some nice low-profile casters (with 2-inch wheels) which I mounted right away since the case is all nice and square.

CasterCU.jpg

Three of the #8-32 stainless steel bolts were screwed directly into the frame via hand tapped holes.

CastersMountedCU.jpg

CastersMounted.jpg

I attached the .1-inch thick side and front panels with 6 stainless steel flat head socket cap screws. The front panel extends past the tops of the side panels by .10-inch in order to hide the top's front edge.

FrontAndSideSheetsInstalled2.jpg

The process to attach the panels is:
  • Drill pilot holes along the edges of the panel
  • Clamp the panel to frame and use the pilot holes to drill tap holes into the frame
  • Remove the panel and tap the frame holes
  • Countersink the panel holes

The side panelss extend past the top of the frame by the thickness of the hinge. These will later be scribed and cut to length along the back of the case.

FrontAndSideSheetsInstalled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom