Driver update won't take

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDS1220

Solid State Member
OK quick question. Yesterday my HDD crashed on me. So today I went out and got a new HDD and re-installed everything using an HP recovery disk set. After it was all finished I went to update the video display drivers but they won't take. Here is what I did.

I uninstalled the old drivers (or I thought I did)
then went to AMD's website to download the new drivers.
Used CCC to download the drivers then did a reboot
reboot finished and computer came back on
Went into control panel and looked up device manager, went into siplay drives and after all that its still listing the drives as the old 8.7 version.

So what am I doing wrong and how do I fix this problem.

The first time I deleted them using the device manager.
-Control Panel
-System
-Device manager
-Display adapter
-uninstall drivers

That screwed everything up. When I did that the screen resolution went real big and when I tried to install the new drives it said it could find no system device. I then tried it using CCC where it says uninstall drivers but that didn't do anything either.

Uninstall the drivers from Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a Program. Uninstall the actual ATI/CCC driver installation program.

That didn't work either. Any other way to do it? Maybe through registry key or a program that can delete it?

So when the list comes up I just want to delete the AMD driver? Also should I install the whole CCC package or just the driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom