Data recovery company suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Rekit

In Runtime
I have a HD that has gone bad. 1 software programmer and 3 companies have looked at it and can't get anything off of it. The consensus seems to be a bad LBA. No one can boot the drive with any version of windows. It just locks up the computer. It was successfully booted in Ubuntu and we could see all of the folders, it just couldn't see any of the files. One of the companies tried running 2 recovery software programs on it and it could only get to 17% after 2 days before getting an error. It sounds like it needs to be opened up and put into a new drive. Where would you recommend sending it? It is a 3 yr old 750g 7200rpm Seagate SATA drive. It has been backed up a couple of months ago, but I have some recent work files and pics/etc that would be nice to have back. A place called 24hrdata acted like they could get it back, but it could cost anywhere from $500 to $2000. Is that a good company? What others would you suggest? What's on there certainly isn't worth $2000, but I would gladly pay $500 or so to get it back.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. I talked to them and they think it might be nearly $3,000 to recover the data. It isn't worth anywhere close to that, but they did seem confident that they would be able to get it if I was willing to pay for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom