Not posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr DMoney

In Runtime
My motherboard is not posting. It boots and my computer lights up but nothing. No beeps, not special flashes. I have unplugged, unhooked all parts, rearranged ram in every way possible, and resinked the cpu and still the same. I seriously think that my motherboard is dead, but could it be my cpu. I have an asus p5b deluxe, and intel e6600. If it boots and doesn't posts could it be a bad psu even though that doesn't make sense? I don't have a motherboard speaker, and the asus light doesnt do anything but light up.

If it boots and doesn't posts could it be a bad psu even though that doesn't make sense? I don't have a motherboard speaker, and the asus light doesnt do anything but light up.

If your MB is not getting enough power, u can get lights but no cigar.

If i was you, id get a MB speaker, then youll know if you have Ram issues, but if we can assume youve tried everything with the RAM, then remove all non-essential hardware and run it on Integrated GFX (if possible) If it then runs, try replacing 1 item at a time, if it stops working on replacement of a single item, try swapping it out (dont just assume that item is dead, it could still be power)

Whats ur full system specs?

Im assuming this is a new build? Its unlikely a new MB is dead, but not impossible. The cheapest way around this is to take your MB back to the shop and say its DOA, they will replace it at no cost (if theyre nice and u have a reciept). Then when u replace the MB, if it still doesnt work you'll need a new PSU... a better one.

If it boots and doesn't posts could it be a bad psu even though that doesn't make sense?
If it does not make it past POST, it is not booting. I agree with the above. You need to verify you are supplying good, clean fuel first and you need to swap in a known good PSU before moving further. Like troubleshooting a car engine, you have to first determine if it is getting gas, and that the gas is not full of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom