Inspiron 9300 graphics card issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazardsneon

Beta member
I have an Inspiron 9300 running XP SP3. It originally had the ATI video card in it. Recently, the motherboard took a dump and I bought a parts inspiron 9300 via eBay that happened to also have a Nvidia 6800 video card in it. I installed the card and the drivers. Unfortunately there is an issue during boot up. The screen is back lit but it displays nothing but black. Once I get to the blue screen where I can press ctrl+alt+del to log in, I can press fn+f8 to route the video to an external monitor then fn+f8 to route it back and the picture is crystal clear. If I don't do the fn+f8 sequence the screen is next to illegible with brownish vertical lines across the entire screen. I've uninstalled the ATI drivers to the best of my knowledge and gotten rid of any trace that I could find of the ATI files. Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it? I don't have the ATI card any more but when I did I was able to swap it back and I would see all boot up perfectly. It's not crucial right now but if I needed to do anything in the bios or booting from anything but default I need to hook up to an external monitor. HELP!

If you put the ATi card back in and it booted perfectly, then the drivers are not gone from the system and are causing a conflict when trying to boot with the NVidia card.

I haven't plugged the video card back in since I have cleaned my computer of ATI software. So I can't speak on wether the card would still work perfectly. How can I check to see if I have, in deed, cleaned my computer of ATI garbage that I don't need anymore? Thanks for the help.

I downloaded it, installed it and tried to run it in normal windows just to try it. Every time I try to run it windows comes up with an error saying that Driver Sweeper has encountered an error and needs to close. I also am experiencing the same issue with the file hippo updater. What can I do to get it to run? Will it run in normal windows?

Just to update, recently installed a new Hard drive and have a fresh install of XP pro. I have only installed the nvidia drivers and it still has the same symptoms. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom