Easy Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
just get the hose out, i did!!!
*&%*^%@#*(^(*)^#$(&)()
<<<<<<ZAP>>>?>>>>>
09)-=830=wq4975qwkjflksajtpywm-c48tymw34-9ym5v-8t,

damn water!!

I don't think that box idea would work jak....I don't think the air would stay long enough inside the box...you're basically trying to make an intercooler but instead of water being cooled you're using air....the best way to do that would be to not just have it go in and out of the box, but actually have it winding in a tunnel before it gets out of the box so the air has to wind through the cold box to decrease it's temps, otherwise the air won't stay there long enough to get cooled off....I'm sure it'll work somewhat, but probably not as great as you might think...

Also, depending on the filters, they really won't hamper air flow unless they start getting clogged with dust or other crap. If you get a filter which is nothing but a mesh screen your airflow really won't be cut back that much

actually the Box idea is a great idea for making a water cooler for you Water cooling people. If you use 1/4" copper tubing, ay about 50' worth and coil it up and then use a fan to blow freezing cold air over it, you could really cool your CPU down. If you only keep the Coil outside, then use a slgithly stronger pump, you should be good. I'm working on something like this for my computer so when I'm all done, i'll post a pic or something.

Shumway said:
I was going to scan my original plans on to the comp but i thought you guy's my laugh at my artistic skill's with crayon's:p:p

C'mon Shumway! Please scan it for us! PLZ!!!

-Dan The Man

Inaris said:
actually the Box idea is a great idea for making a water cooler for you Water cooling people. If you use 1/4" copper tubing, ay about 50' worth and coil it up and then use a fan to blow freezing cold air over it, you could really cool your CPU down. If you only keep the Coil outside, then use a slgithly stronger pump, you should be good. I'm working on something like this for my computer so when I'm all done, i'll post a pic or something.

now see, thats what I love to see, a person starting with one idea and others building and improving on it. by the time all of us have our input on this we should have a marketable cooling solution here.

bump-

I am thinking about doing the same thing, I am going to purchase from Home Depot a 4" fan tube thats made to ventilate cold air into a room directly from a fan inside the steel tube (steel?? not sure, reg vent tubing). And then theres a small box with a ground, hot and.. like common or something wire and I can rip apart just a monitor cable, rig up a toggle switchand plug it in to outlet normal, and It'd be like a turbo I turn on when I wanna play games!!! I'm gonna get some money soon so I'll post pics if and when I do it.

I know its an old thread, but did You guys ever do it?? With -40 temps here sometimes I want to take advantage.

I didnt cuz i was lazy, and its warm here in san diego....and wont either cuz i have wonderful temps of +-18c cpu and mainboard tmp of bout 26c+-....

edit oo oo oo, i did start to put together a mini cooler box that used to be a psu w/to fans. i stripped it out, put clear bladded fans in it and a neon blue mini cathode inside so that it lights up pretty fancy.....i have NO idea what the hell i am gonna do with it......
blackbox.jpg

Well I wanted to do the duct mod, using the dryer tube, but have it go from my CPU fan to the back of my case so I'm simply sucking in the room air. I definitely don't want to try and get a hose out the window.

The trouble I'm having though is that I have the thermalright SLK-900A and the fan is held on by little clips, so I don't know how I'd go about hooking the dryer tube onto the fan and getting it too stay....soooo that combined with my laziness has resulted in me not doing anything to it. :p

They had premade duct mods at www.svc.com but when I went to go get one it was no longer there :(

Jak, your box is similar to an idea I had once, although not very practical (my idea was impractical, not your box)...but basically using a seperate case to house nothing but fans and have a hose connect the two cases it'd basically be like it's own ventilation box sitting next to it, similar to the ones you'd find in movie theaters for the projectors.

FoxyLoxy said:
I know its an old thread, but did You guys ever do it?? With -40 temps here sometimes I want to take advantage.

I tried using my tube setup when it was 5*c, and it started getting the window in the case all foggy, and the comp started making funny noise's,so i suggest you find some other way of cooling or your probably gonna fry something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom