Upgrade or replace? Gfx card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent! I think ill take your prior advice and go with another 5850. Now comes the hard part... finding another one for under 300$ thats what i paid for my first one brand new. Unless i can mix and match as long as the cards are the same but the brands are different? I actually have a friend looking to get rid of his Sapphire 5850... but its a reference card, would that matter?

Also just a little side note: why am i finding it extremely hard to find anything on the Radeon 5850? Was it a failure? On the Sapphire website they even have the 58xx series listed as legacy and dont make it anymore... yet they continue to make 56xx and 59xx series?

Mines the Cypress Pro edition. Will i need a card with that same edition? Or is that the name of the 5850 gpu, sort of like procs have their code names Thuban, Regor, Sandy Bridge... etc?

Within the same series. You can hook up a 5850 with any 5850. Sapphire, ASUS, etc. Just if one is more powerful than the other, it will default to the lowest powerful, in XFire/SLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom