mouse pad stops working

Status
Not open for further replies.

scroudt

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

I have a friend with a laptop that works just fine when it's not plugged in. As soon as she plugs it in the mouse stops working completely. Even plugging in a wired mouse, it still does not work. I plugged my laptop cord into her laptop and everything still works fine. I also tried plugging my laptop in with her cord and it does the same thing to my laptop. The mouse stops working.....

This power cord isn't the original that came with her laptop. Her old one got a fray in the cord. I was able to do a temp fix on it twice, but can no longer fix it. So I bought her a replacement power cord from e-bay. The cord has been working fine for 4 or 5 months and just within the last couple days has been causing this problem.

This makes no sense to me. Why would it do this? I am assuming the power cord is shot? My biggest thing is, what would cause the mouse to stop??

Think you mean a track pad.

The AC power could be shocking the board. Unless the cord is EXACTLY like the one you had prior, you risk harming your system. Involuntary volts can hurt it in so many ways.

thanks, that makes lots of sense. I have scrapped that power supply already, but not after stealing the plug for the laptop and soldering it on the old power supply. Which was why a new one was needed.

Everything is working just fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom