Grey vs Green

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it depends on your rep count.
That is exactly it. It represents the different levels of Reputation you have been given by other members for your contributions to the site and topics. Just hover over them to see what it stands for.

Doesn't show anything when I hover. Think we might be talking about different things...

When I go into "settings" under "last reputation received" I can see who has rep'd me recently and why.
Some of them have green bars before the thread name/reason and some have grey, like in the pic.

Grey bars means that the person that repped you, didn't add to your rep, it was a, "thanks for the help" thing, though it may add like 1 point, it doesn't add as much as a green rep does.

The more posts ya have, the more rep you give to someone when you rep them, same thing with how long you have been here, and I THINK the more rep you actually have gives more points to the person you give rep to. I am just curious about one thing...

If a person gives me rep, lets say they can give me 1 point, in a year, if they are giving 10 point reps, would that old rep become a 10, or stay a one? :-\

The rep they give never changes. So if their rep power goes up, the rep they have previously given out stays where it was.

Back
Top Bottom