Using an old computer case, will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steves85

Baseband Member
Hi,

I am looking to build a htpc and just noticed i had an old HP Pavilion 6611 from 1999 lol. Ive checked the parts and they are all useless for what i want to do except the case. Its compact and would not look to bulky around the living room.

I just am not 100% sure that a microATX board would fit in it?

The old board is 230mm x 236mm, which is not the specified 244 x 244 of an mATX. However i measured the case and there is definitely room for a 244 x 244 mobo.

Kind of feel like im gonna have to buy the board and hope it fits, and if not buy a case.

Is there any other way I could tell if it will work? I guess my main concerns are the screw holes lining up.

Heres a link to the specs if you guys see something i dont, i would love to hear from you. I cannot get any info on the motherboard at all.

HP Pavilion PC Model 6611 (AP) Product Specifications HP Pavilion 6611 Desktop PC (AP) - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Thanks
Steve

Does the old board dimensions mean it is NOT a matx board, just curious if all matx had to be 244 x 244 spot on the dime?

most manufacturers keep to the specification, but components made for brand name manufacturers can vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom