None

Max LAN Speed:
10/100/1000Mbps

SATA 3Gb/s:

CPU Type:
Core i7 / i5 / i3 / Pentium (LGA1156)

Maximum Memory Supported:
8GB <-----------

my mother board can only handle 8gbs does the video card ram add up? or is it the total of ram that is installed on the 2x240 pin slots?

System RAM and VRAM don't add, except for Windows which counts it toward the RAM limit on 32-Bit versions.

So technically you should be able to get 2x4GB sticks working, if you have Windows 64-Bit.

my os is 64bit so that means i can have 9gb ram in total? if i replace my rams stick with 2 2x4gb ram sticks?

No. VRAM is not the same as RAM. VRAM is for video only. It can't be used by the system unless it is for video purposes only. Your system RAM is the only thing you should be counting or considering.

Yeah "9GB total", though the 1GB on the GPU is only used for GPU functions.

As long as your motherboard supports it you should have no problem installing 2x 4GB RAM sticks, 2 2x4GB would be 16GB over 4 slots.

lol did i say that lol i mean 1 pair of 2x4gb ram sticks
any recommendations for any ram cards? (DDR3 1333/1066)

first off would vram be considered to be ram to to a pc and put that in the ram section, if that's not the cause then i actually have 2x2gb ram sticks, and also thank for your recommendation

Not sure what you mean by "the ram section".

If you're talking about how much it shows in the general tab when you right-click my computer, then that is how much system ram you have.
If it is reading 4GB then yes you have 2x2GB sticks and probably don't have to add more.

yes that what i meant thx, i also made sure by uninstalling a ram stick
more questions:

is it possible to have two sticks but each has a different amount of ram? e.g. 2gb + 4gb

how much ram would it take to run a server?

how much ram should i have or recommend if i game alot?

how does vram help?

how much vram can a pc support?

is vram used for games? if so how much is needed for maxed settings for this generation games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom