Repairing Radiator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejjman1

Baseband Member
Received cracked, used Rad from another person, leaks too much, unsure of how to repair it.

The previously used screws were screwed into the Rad, causing around 4 holes in the PA120.3

If unrepairable, I'll probably look for a new one I guess.

Thanks,,,

It's repairable, maybe, but with the rad being so small and delicate it may not be. Honestly, I would look for a good rad, not something that's busted up.

The PA120.3 is a triple fan radiator (120.3 the .3 means (3) fans) so I wouldn't exactly call it small. Compared to a cars radiator yes it is small. Where are the damaged spots? Close to the tanks or in the middle section of the cores. To properly repair the cracks/holes they'll need to be soldered. If the damaged spot are small and in the middle section it should be easy to have them repaired. However, if the damage is close to the tanks it can be a nightmare to fix them. The cores, or tubes, are soldered to the tanks, so when the core is heated up for soldering that heat can break the seal at the tanks causing another leak.

Unless your good at pipe soldering you'll need to get this work done at a radiator shop, I would just take it to a shop and they'll give you an estimate. You can get a new 360 radiator in the $50-$100 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom