HP video upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. Darn. Back to square one. What is a good card for this computer that is able bodied enough to play minecraft? Perhaps we should look at radeon's? Idont care either way, as long as im playn' minecraft. Maybe a. . .I dont know. Ive been loking at this site for card that work minecraft: Minecraft - Game Requirements . The Endermen... They call.

Exuse me. What? I dont mean to be rude but, im not that smart. You mind repeating that in language of '' Hello there, the Blank Would be perfect for your computer and minecraft!'' Sorry if that is offensive. . .

No offence at all.

Unfortunately most stand alone video cards need 300W and more. The only new video cards that run on 250W power supply are buit onto the motherboards, that big big circuit board everything plugs into ;).

So unfortunately, I don't think theres going to be anything you can get.

Heres despitism at its finest - I was talking to some buds at school and. . .um. . . mabye. . . we could try hooking up a new power thingy? I can get it hooked up and ive heard their fairly cheap. . . but now this is becoming a bit of a long shot. . . Maybe I should go for new computer all together, but I dont have the cash. . . oh boy, Im confused.

Do not get a cheapo PSU. You highly risk of harming your system. $50-$60 is the cheapest I go, generally. Corsair or Antec are good.

. . . I think my brian needs a new PSu. . . back tO tHe coMputEr. . .( yeP Ye oI' bR.an Fried. . . Gotz mIgiK Smocez) So now what? lAck-o-Mnecraft takn' Over. The teSt is no jOke! ( In other words. . . can you get more in depth)

Ooh. Uuuh. O.K. My head is just spinning. I live out in a small town not far from Durango, CO. Im 16, Therefore I dont really have a job, or car, but there are parent! Budget would have to be low-low, but i can do work around the house for money.
Woooow, this is getting nuts. First I thought '' Ok,I need RAM upgrade = $30-ish. Now video card = $40-ish. Hmmm." So the price tag is ( with new PSU ) about $ 100-ish, which can be done. But at the rate this is going. . . Why not go over-the-top and get an all new computer! That would be alot simpler! Also, it might have a higher success rate. So Im looking at other computers. I found a HP Pavilion p7-1030 Desktop PC that looks amazing! But that is About $520 ( which could be done. . . Through time. ). Now what would be the better Choice considering risk, price, and possibilitie of success.
1. Stick with the old computer and dont give up! If this seems to be the right chioce, Sugest a PSU, or ask me questions to help you come to the right choice.

2. Forget the old one, use it to type reports or other school junk. Buy the new one! Its pre-done and looks like a good computer! If this seems to be the right choice, veryfy that this should work and i'll start saving.

or. . .
3. We could try from the start and find a more suitable video card without the PSU marloky. But then again, you said the PSU couldnt support a video card that needs 250+ watts uhh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom