Help with motherboard firmware update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alive.777

In Runtime
hi,
I need some pointers on how to update my motherboards firmware. its a gigabyte x58a ud7r. The firmware has never been updated and i think its causeing some performance issues. I have tried to update it twice. Both failed for some reason (forgot now) and i gave up. I also have no idea what firmware to download. Please, if you can point me in the righ direction, that would be great.

Update your BIOS, you mean? It is recommended to get the latest update. How are you upgrading it? Also, what errors are you getting?

Usually outdated bios won't cause performance issues out of the blue. it's possible that it's the bios if you upgraded something in your computer and the current bios doesn't fully support that hardware, or if you have always had performance issues.

I checked the Gigabyte site and looked at the bios update descriptions for that motherboard and unless you have a hardware compatibility issue then it won't help to upgrade.
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1366 - GA-X58A-UD7 (rev. 2.0) (see descriptions).

When troubleshooting performance you need to think about what is not performing well, is it the entire computer from start up to surfing the internet or is it just loading programs.

If you can describe your problem in a little more detail I might be able to help more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom