Mac or PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekbit131

Beta member
I need to buy a new computer. I am trying to decide whether I should get a Mac or PC? Which one is better?

depends what you're going to do with it, your budget, however much you want to spend and how much you wanna work.

Quick differences, Macs will be a bit more expensive with the same hardware configuration, and some applications that you would want to run on windows won't run on mac and vice versa. Other than that you're the one buying the computer so it's up to you.

We can answer your questions, and try to avoid bias, but your question is very broad and opinionated.

PC seems to be more flexible with softwares and upgrades too. if you compare a mac with the same specs as a pc the mac will probably cost a lot more

^not a LOT more, but yeah usually it'll be more (more so for the desktops than the laptops).
Macs get hardware refreshes every now and then, so unless they've just done a refresh then you'll be stuck with older hardware sometimes. That's really the only thing to look out for, don't just buy. Check when the lineup was last changed, if it was recently then you're ok but if it's been a while it might be worth waiting.

This is too... open of a question. It always depends on what you're going to be doing with it. If it's going to be a desktop, I'd say build your own Windows PC (more power for your money).. If you're in a tight space, go with an iMac (or a similar Windows machine). If it's going to be a laptop, I'd say buy a Mac. The operating system just fits and works better on a laptop than Windows does, in my opinion :tongue: Mostly because the hardware is built for the software and vice versa. The track pad is the best I've ever used, not to mention most (if not all now) MacBooks have backlit keyboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom