First Build Help Appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok also thinking of stepping up to the HD 6870: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100314-3L Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

HDD: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

So im also wondering i have a linksys wireless adapter, will that work with new computer? ive had trouble in the past. also wondering if the virus software will transfer over.... starting to not like this idea so much so many complications

Get the WD Caviar Black. Welll worth the money. Faster is better.

What problems have you had in the past? As long as you have the correct drivers, it should be OK.

AV software will carry over. It's not as strict as Windows.

and time to shoot another question at you. i notice the saphire graphics card says PCI 2.1 times 16, while the mobo is PCI 2.0 times 16.... does that mean i need to step up the mobo? and for the wireless adapter, according to linksys they only work on one computer then you have to get a new one which is really retarded.

Thanks

2.1 is back compatible to 2.0

If you put a 2.1 in a 2.0 slot, it will shrink down to a 2.0, you won't lose much, don't fret.

Linksys is BS. Well, their saying that it only works in one computer, and their products, unless you get the high grade stuff, is pitiful.

You can use a wireless card in infinity computers until it dies or drivers are no longer supported for a said OS.

I would personally look at D-Link or Netgear. Or even an off-brand, but make sure it has a Realtek chip on it, you can see in picture on Newegg. Realtek is awesome! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom