HP video upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

eblanton35

Solid State Member
Hello, I've taken a old HP Pavilion a1013w under my wing and have repaired it to good conditions. I'm wanting to play a game called Minecraft on it. It meets all but one one requirments-the video card. I know for fact that a GeForce 8400 GS will work for minecraft, but its if-y if it'll work on the computer. I've consulted several computer experts that have said yes and no. The ones that said no say to get a GeForce 6400, but I don't think it'll work for minecraft. Could you please help. Thanks to anyone with advice!

I play Minecraft myself. You'll be fine with a 8400. Why did they suggest the 6400, when it is way older and slower?

What are the rest of your specs?

You can easily get an 8400gs pci card. Problem is, as it did have a agp card slot, it might not have a power supply big enough to run the pci card..

You'll have to read bthe numbers off the power supply, and its both Watts and Amps that we need.

I understood that, i'm not that intirely lost. The big question im asking here is '' Will a HP Pavilion a1013w properly operatate with a GeForce 8400 GS?'' That is what I truly ask.

We need the Wattage of it, printed on a label directly on the PSU unit. You can see it when you open the case.
It will look like "450W"

Oooooh. . . lets see here. assuming PSU is Power Snding Unit Thingy. it says somthing about 165W MAX. and somthing about 218W MAX. . . Here is the ''PSU'' name a Bestec ATX-250-12Z . hows that? Heres a picture of the label:
images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom