PSU Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro2525

Solid State Member
Hey everybody. I'm just wondering if you guys have any suggestions for just a quality 350W PSU for preferably under 60-70$$. All it requires is like two 6 prong things that can plug into a graphics card. I uploaded a picture jus so you guys know what I'm talkin about. I'm lookin at Antec.com - Product: BP350 and wondering if that will do the trick. Thank you! =D

2hz3bj7.jpg

That power supply does not have 2x 6-Pin connectors, it doesn't even have 1.
What graphics card is that? my guess is it requires more than 350w if it needs 2x 6-pin plugs.

It's the ATI Radeon 4870 .. I don't know, it may require more wattage. I read somewhere that the max power draw is like 250W, so a quality 350W would do fine.

It's the ATI Radeon 4870 .. I don't know, it may require more wattage. I read somewhere that the max power draw is like 250W, so a quality 350W would do fine.

The card uses 250W on its own. Then your cpu uses agtleast 85W for an older amd x2, but most likely a 100+ watts. Add on to it, fans, drives and usb devices, and youre upwards of 400 Watts.

I'd spend the 4 bucks more and get the Antec.

Yeah it will work just as well, Corsair makes a good PSU.

Just saying, the 500w OCZ ModXStream is actually cheaper after the rebate and semi-modular (only plug in the extra plugs if you need them).

****en loveeeee these forums ^^

One more question. I did end up buying the Corsair despite the better MIR .. Upon replacing my old PSU, I realize that the motherboard connector is a 24 pin, while my old PSU is only a 20 pin ..? It just left 4 pins open. The new Corsair has a 20+4 pin, so should I plug in all 24 or just be safe and plug in just the 20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom