good scheduler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes we do have an exchange server, ms-office, and outlook. We went through a consultant for that stuff.

Hang on, hang on, hang on...stop the train...

You have MS-Exchange Server. You have MS-Office. And you paid for a consultant to set you all up.

Am I missing something? :freak:

If your office users are on the office network, and are using MS-Outlook, and your network has the MS-Exchance Server setup...You already have an extremely powerful communication/calendar/scheduling/managing/coordinating tool!

I don't get what you need beyond what you got already. :freak:

Seriously, though...I mean seriously! Major corporations and businesses GLOBALLY use the SAME setup you described to do real-time employee AND client scheduling.

i'm not quite sure what software to use though. We have outlook 2003 and i read about the calendar/scheduler feature. I'm not sure on how to view a calendar to see everyones schedules. I don't want to click 20 people's calendar and view each one because that's going to take up my whole screen. Is there a way for me to use outlook 2003 calendar to see EVERYONE'S schedule with just ONE calendar? I guess what i'm trying to say is we need a COMPANY calendar, not individual.

Please direct me to the right path. Thank you.

There's a lot of information about setting these things up, on the MS-Office website.

You can create a global calendar that everyone has access to collectively (kind of like The Office Calendar for the business). This can be setup through the MS Exchange Server, by creating a new calendar in the Public folder and giving everyone access to it. The MS website has articles about setting this up. There's also a site cluster that focusses on the MS Exchange Server and it's configuration.

As for your personal calendar (which you can have seperate) you can setup that calendar to share, so that others can view it.

the .pst files are stored seperately on a different drive on the server. At the moment, they are not able to see each others folders and i think i will keep it that way.

Create a new calendar in the public folder and giving everyone access to it, and it's all setup through the MS exchange Server? What do you mean by "creating a new calendar?" Can you please elaborate or post a link please? i think that i would want to go that route if everyone has access to ONE calendar and they all see the same entry and able to edit and add. That's exactly what i'm looking for.

Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom