Need Help ASAP! Monitorsnot working with new computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLeeoh

Solid State Member
Okay. I built a new computer and plugged my graphics card into it then my monitor into that and it worked fine.. i turned it off because i had to go get my new operating system disc to install it to the new computer ... come back the next day and turn it on... the monitor gets no signal... someone said it might be an issue with the computer i built so i took my graphics card out and put it back into my old computer.. (the one it originally came from and this computer card and monitor worked well for over a year for me) and plugged the monitor in.. and the same issue.. no signal. so i thought maybe the card had broke or something. so i bought a new graphics card.... It just got here today and i put it into the new system plugged int he monitor and again.. no signal. so now i figured its the monitor and i go and plug a different one into it.. again nothing.. and the second monitor i tried being my TV i know it works just fine its just not getting a signal from the computer, Maybe its the connector cord? But i dunno why that would have randomly broke... I really need some help with this i've Been without a computer for WAY too long and im running out of food without my computer to do my work on. So please help asap!

"no signal" is always a connection problem. Try re-seating the graphics card into the pci-e slot re-seat the cable connections.
to test the cable you can try using the integrated graphics. Also try using a different kind of cable, hdmi, vga or dvi.

This really sounds like it could be something as simple as a lose vga cable to the monitor.

Make sure you re-seat all of the connections, not just to the computer, but to the monitor as well. You can also try to power cycle the computer and monitor.
If your motherboard has an integrated graphics hookup then you can try that to try to narrow down the problem.
Try to install the graphics card into a different pci-e slot.

If this doesn't work, I would bet it's the cable you are using.

Ok, so, you have two graphics cards, and different monitors to test with, and two machines. Do both monitors work on a single machine at all, that has a known GOOD graphics card in it? It is highly possible that your new computer has a faulty PSU and is burning up the graphics cards. Do you get POST beep codes from either computer?

Also, "No Connection" is NOT always a "connection" problem, never ever EVER assume such a thing.

I said "No Signal" and yes it can be a problem with the device. IE the graphics card is fried. it's not getting any connection from the computer. (no input) no signal is always a connection issue... what causes said connection problem is a different matter.

The PSU theory sounds perfect though.

Ok, bad RAM, is that a connection problem? No, will you get a no connection error? YES, anything that could potentially be bad in a system, causing POST to delay or not perform properlly will cause this error. No Signal = No Connection on all monitors.

Ok, I'll go along with this... What kind of connection error would I see if suddenly my RAM failed? No Signal, No connection. Would the screen be black with the error, or would this said error be displayed in dos format (white letters on black screen after post)

This type of error would be the monitors own No Connection, or No Signal error in most cases, some monitors will see power along the cable and just go black though. But the chance of him having two bad GPUS in a row, in a new machine is slim, it's most likely the PSU or another part inside the machine it self is faulty, a cable sitting still over night, the chances of it some how going bad is non-existant.

This is why I said to test the monitors on a known good working machine that has a known good GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom