$850 Gaming PC Budget Guild-Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cattoe75

Beta member
Hello!
Looking for some ideas for a $850 budget gaming pc. I want a computer thats going to be decent for a couple years as well as play BF3 at max settings. Upgradeable down the road would be good as well. I will need an OS. I have mouse, keyboard and monitor. Thanks!

Honestly I don't think you can build a computer that will max BF3 for $850.
You're looking at a GTX 580 or higher, and that's $500+ right there.

That being said, here's what I can suggest to get good detail:
CPU + OS: $217 Phenom II X4 965 + Win7 64-Bit OEM.
MB: $100 Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 AM3+.
RAM: $33 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CAS9.
HDD: $59 750GB WD Caviar Black.
ODD: $18 LITE-ON 24x DVD/CD Burner.
GPU: $330 EVGA GTX 570.
PSU: $75 OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W.
Case: $50 Sentey Black Box Series 4284 v2.1.

Total = $882 (before shipping/rebates)
-$45 in rebates +$20-ish in shipping = $857.

Sign up for the Newegg e-mail and check the shell shocker deals, you might get some parts cheaper.

Honestly I don't think you can build a computer that will max BF3 for $850.
You're looking at a GTX 580 or higher, and that's $500+ right there.

That being said, here's what I can suggest to get good detail:
CPU + OS: $217 Phenom II X4 965 + Win7 64-Bit OEM.
MB: $100 Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 AM3+.
RAM: $33 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CAS9.
HDD: $59 750GB WD Caviar Black.
ODD: $18 LITE-ON 24x DVD/CD Burner.
GPU: $330 EVGA GTX 570.
PSU: $75 OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W.
Case: $50 Sentey Black Box Series 4284 v2.1.

Total = $882 (before shipping/rebates)
-$45 in rebates +$20-ish in shipping = $857.

Sign up for the Newegg e-mail and check the shell shocker deals, you might get some parts cheaper.

This looks like my budget build I am trying to get together.. I have always had laptops for work and never really tried to game on them. I tried to install a game onto my laptop and it was HORRENDOUS .. graphics were terrible and it was sooo choppy and uncontrollable. I need a desktop to game with. I am not a huge gamer but I love FPS's.. will this build let me play good FPS with good graphics and no laggy-ness ??

RAM: Random Access Memory

Every piece of technology needs it. RAM is just a broad term. They can be used for both AMD and Intel.

Edit: Use the edit button to add more information.

Yeah this build will let you play any FPS out, or planned to come out this year.

Higher requirement games, like BF3, you probably won't be able to max out all the detail, but it will still look very good.

And yeah, what MoM said.
I think Intel just bribed RAM companies to put the "designed for intel p67" in yellow, if you actually look at the features:
Designed for 2nd Generation Intel Core Processors and the Z68/P67 motherboards Optimized 1.5V low voltage for the Intel Sandy Bridge platforms Compatible with Intel P55 & AMD Phenom II/Llano platforms Intel XMP ready

RAM: Random Access Memory

Every piece of technology needs it. RAM is just a broad term. They can be used for both AMD and Intel.

Edit: Use the edit button to add more information.

Yes I know what RAM is and that it is needed in every system. I was just confused by the branding on that screen. Thanks MoM for the help.. I am sure I am going to be asking you questions in the future!

Also I realized that I can not fathom spending 300+ on a graphics card which is what the GeForce 570 HD is .. How do you guys think a PNY GeForce 560 Ti would fare? .. I see that it has higher textile rates then the 570 HD and uses a lot less wattage and produces less heat. And is over 100 bucks cheaper ? .. Will I still get boss gameplay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom