processes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why load 20 things at startup when you are only booting up the computer to play 1 game or type 1 paper? The point is you get into Windows faster so you can decide what to do rather than loading everything 'just in case'.
Not everything in your processes is "just in case," as much of it depends on drivers and hardware.

With all the processes running on my machine at startup, it takes less than 20 seconds for me to get from POST to fully-loaded-desktop.

Not that bad. Especially considering that I not sitting there drooling on the keyboard in an A.D.D. fit to play a game the instant I think about playing it.

ive got mine down to 27, with firefox, antivirus, modem thingo, realtek sound thingo and toolber to monitor internet

Mine's probably a little high because I have some input devices that I use that run better with a few startup services running, and playing games or not, I want those services to run. Not to mention my wireless internet service (which probably sucks up the most seconds) :).

I understand.

ShoobieRat said:
Not everything in your processes is "just in case," as much of it depends on drivers and hardware.

With all the processes running on my machine at startup, it takes less than 20 seconds for me to get from POST to fully-loaded-desktop.

Not that bad. Especially considering that I not sitting there drooling on the keyboard in an A.D.D. fit to play a game the instant I think about playing it.

I understand. But for me, I am aware of which ones are worthwhile to leave there or not - that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom