LF Liquid cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_who689

Baseband Member
Hello,

Im looking into buying a Water cooling system for my i7 2600k, as of right now i can OC it to 5.1ghz but temps get kinda crazy so i just stay down at 4.7ghz with Cooler Master v10(meh its an alright cooler but i want to get better temps, and since im upgrading i thought why not go with a Water cooling system.)

I always hear talks about Corsair's H50 & H70 was wondering if anyone had personal exp with them i mean i also hear ppl can get same or even better results using Noctua DH 14, so was wondering what liquid cooling kit would be better or to achieve something better would i have to put together a liquid cooling system myself?

Thanks for taking the time on reading up on this:)

well as of right now have Thermaltakes v9 black x edition

but in a few days my Thermaltake armor VH6000 full tower comes in and than i plan on upgrading some hardware including the decision if i could find a good liquid cooling system or should i just stick to Noctua's DH14

Thanks slay for the suggestion was looking at that EK kit and seems pretty nice saw someone with a single loop to cool there cpu and there gpu and was getting idle temps @ 26c not so bad lol

only thing is that they had a dual rad i think and idk if a dual rad will fit on the topside of my case as i wanted to do a dual rad with a push pull configuration. I would just setup it up outside my case but meh would be to cramp in my small room lol...i guess until i get that Thermaltake armor 6000 in i will wait till i submit my order to see what i can do with it.(the PSU in that case is installed on the topside which is the only thing that i regret lol.)

and with that kit did u upgrade any of the parts? such as did you upgrade to a stronger pump? or did you just keep all the original parts?

Thanks again for the feedback.

Ok done more research so unfortunately...im gonna have to mount my dual 120mm rad on the back panel of my case, was planning on getting that with the water block from EK and just find a good pump and res combo. As for the tubing looking at 1/2 tubes, for now just cooling my CPU, hopefully i will good results or i would have just wasted time and $$ than would have to change to noctua DH14

I used the stock parts, did you look at my link? It has pictures.

It looks like you could mount a 240 radiator at the bottom of the Thermaltake Armor VH6000, I see two 120mm fans there.

Ah yeah was trying to click on your link, but says not page not found?

ill double check on that, forgot about those two fans on the bottom...i really cant say for sure yet until i physically see the case, if i put the rads on the bottom side, i needa see how my tubing will go.

actually just google'd that kit than saw your thread about it on this forum so looking at it right now, helping me out alot because you did test on the Noctua DH14 and the EK kit,
Just got done reading the review, nice *** setup. but yeah im gonna have to find a way to mount that internally idk if i can deal with that outside my case xD so other than that, was going to do the same with a 4 fan setup on a 240 rad, but didnt think about using the fan shrouds lol

Also instead of using the stock pump/res with the kit was gonna get a pump/res for a 5.25'' bay

The link is fixed now, I don't know what happened to it, it was working when I posted it to start with, I checked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom