Graphics card fans work but no picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocsvan

Web Programmer
I've just built a new rig with an ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 and a Gainward GTX 570. Everything's plugged in, and when I power it on the fans on the card spin up, but i cant get any image from it. I can get an image from the motherboards built in VGA no problem though.

Is the graphics card broken?

What are your system specs?

Did you plug in the PCI-E power cord? Could also be your PSU that doesn't have enough power.

Maybe try the card in another computer if possible to check? But it may not be the graphics card, what PSU do you have? This may be an issue as if it's not getting enough power it may not work.

-sorry posted before I saw moms post but same question :)

ASRock z68 Extreme 4 Motherboard
i7 2600k Quad Core@3.4Ghz Processor
8gb(2 x 4gb) 1600mhz Corsair Vengence Ram
Gainward GTX 570 GS Graphics Card
OCZ 600w SXS Power Supply

I used the asustek PSU calculator and it said at minimum i should have 600w. Wouldn't PSU problems cause other symptoms other than just the graphics card though?

You could just get a bad PSU out of the hat, but that is uncommon.

600W should be fine. Could be the amperage not being enough, on the single 12v rail. I'll let someone else get that, but I've seen it in comments about building logs.

Just tried plugging in my old 8800GT and that seems to work fine, so at this point i'm guessing it's the graphics card.

Sadly don't have another one to test it in, nor do i have any friends with computers that can support it. Think i'll return it, considering i only got it a few days ago, and if the new one doesnt run either then i'll upgrade and get a better PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom