Cold Cathode Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the assistance guys. Have you heard of or had any problems with UV LED's causing any similar symptoms to cold cathode lighting?

Regardless if the tubes get hot or not the small box (usually blue) gets hotter than ****! More importantly they will degrade any plastic they shine light on.

I've got some of these 6" tubes in my computer and they look great, but absolutely and as someone else said, they will discolor plastic pieces in the case.

Thankfully, the only thing they have done was discolor the HDD locks made out of plastic that were nearby. Everything else was metal so no discoloration. Also, my plexiglass side window has not been discolored, either...

Yea I haven't noticed it to damage plexi windows. Terrible for pci-e slots and such, also never seen led lights discolor plastic and after googling it quite extensively I can find no evidence that it is even possible. They don't emit light in the proper temperature. Corrosive can you provide any proof to back your claim?

Another thing I should add, is that it has not made any of my plastic brittle. And the Cathode lights have only affected the plastic within 4 inches of the CT's...

LED inherently, emit less heat and use a lot less energy. I'd be shocked if they damaged plastic...

Yea, I can, I will take a picture of the RAM slots on my old MSI board that had some tracers in it :D

BTW, heat dont discolor, just damages the plastic, even natural light will cause plastic to degrade over time.
The good thing about a cathode, it makes the discoloration EVEN, so you don't easily notice it.
sany0145q.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom