Need advice buying a new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexAndAHalf

Solid State Member
Hi everyone! My name is Alex, and I got a laptop as a Christmas gift about two years ago, and I am looking to replace it with something of better quality. I am an avid gamer and also in college, so I am looking for something that will run high-requirement games without a problem, yet will also be sufficient for the research and basic Microsoft program (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.) use that will be necessary for my studies.

I am not very educated on computer specs and what to look for in a good laptop, which is why I came here! My budget is about $700 or so (probably flexible within a $150 range), and I am willing to buy something gently used or refurbished, but of good quality. Basically, I need some advice as to what to look for and where I can find it for a good price!

Here are my current specs:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU TYPE:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-42
CPU SPEED:
1.62 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
2.75 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
1.37 GB
VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
atiumdag.dll
DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
1366x768 (Subject to change, I switch between using my laptop screen and using my TV as a monitor, this is my TV res)
HARD DISK SIZE:
220.78 GB
HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
84.63 GB (38%)
DOWNLOAD SPEED:
773.41 kB/s (6.3 mbps)

All help is MUCH appreciated my friends!

Thanks!
Alex

Yeah that's what I was afraid of, the thing is though, with school and stuff a laptop is kind of necessary for me. But then again, I could always keep the laptop that I currently have for school and get a desktop for gaming and recreation.

But anyway, I found an Asus G73JH refurbished for $760. It has a Intel Core i7-740QM 1.73GHz Processor and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 graphics card, sound like a good buy?

I'm an ASUS fanboy. :crazy:

But yes, The ASUS G7 series are very good, indeed. Some of my friends on here would highly agree. You have a good eye. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom