Best PCI-e Video card for under $120? :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, ok then.
So the 500W PSU you suggested would be fine for the cards I suggested?
And all them cards about even when it comes to features/reliability/bang-for-the-buck? And are there better options?
With work and life, I am not anywhere close to being a 'hardcore gamer' and will not likely play any modern titles.

Ugh there are just so many options these days.. It used to be a toss up between Nvidia GeForce and ATi's Radeon when I bought my first cards... Now there are so many cards using their systems but offering different specs, features, memory etc.

I don't need dual monitors, I DO need it to run cool, and be reliable.

Not sure of the optimum settings to run 'Secondlife' with all shaders, aliasing, mirroring, particles etc, But my laptops integrated card can run the features (albeit very lagilly) with it's integrated 'ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics'. (For about 5 mins before it overheats)

I need it to be able to do what that can do, but smooth and cool (which won't be a problem with a desktop).
Another card I looked at, with a much higher price was Newegg.ca - EVGA 01G-P3-1371-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
But i'm not sure if that is any better than the Sapphire you posted, or the simple cards I listed to start with.

Thanks for your help btw! :)

EDIT:
And then again there is the upgrade to the sapphire you posted, for the same money.. apparently the same card, but with a few extra features, but from the look of it, non-dual monitors. (well, I think it's an upgrade? o_O)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

Only problem with that is I would need to use the adaptor for my screen, as it is VGA, or w/e that blue one is :p hopefully it causes no performance loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom