Computer my friend's thinking about getting

Status
Not open for further replies.
wxcpo is totally right! I personally don't like Gateways...especially seeing them 1st hand! LOL! Well, good luck in your search! cya around!

Mark J .... believe it or not, devilish and the others are making good suggestions.

The system that you have posted a link for is way too costly. You could build the system for your friend, and if you need help in doing so you can just ask us.

Consider doing a check up of the prices of what you will need and show the new price to her compared to what she was planning to pay for and see her reaction. Hey, it would be a nice little project that you both can do together. ;)

darthparth - thanks and glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks it was a pretty good deal. Since I bought my computer I've added a new MAG 17" flat panel monitor to it for $349 so for a little over $1100 I feel I got a great system now that I really won't have to absolutely go out and upgrade anytime soon. I have been absolutely satisfied with my system and would gladly recommend it to anyone out there.

yea np looks nice especially considering it comes w/ software packages etc all specs look good and if you want for $200 you can put an extra 512 RAM and a kickass video card :D (just plug it in if you dont like fiddling w/ hardware).

Again, building one is not an option. Me building one for her couldn't really happen, either.

She will be doing some Word stuff, internet, and a little photoshop. No games or 3d graphics or anything.

So, anyone have any links to pre-built computers that are a better deal for about the same price? I know there must loads, but it would be nice to have a few links if anyone has any.

Heh, hi everyone. I'm Mark's friend, and I've just joined. I've been looking for a new PC for a while now because mine is crap, and when I first saw that Gateway it was starting at $499 and when I added the stuff I needed I think it came out to around $600 something. But I guess it was a limited time offer because when I went back the next day to look at it again, it was starting at $918, so I'm not really considering it anymore.

Anyways, thanks for all your help, I'm going to go check out some of the places you've mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom