erase program

Status
Not open for further replies.

takky

Beta member
is cyberscub a good program, can any hardware recover the hard drive again? pls let me know thank

If you (or anyone else reading this) are after a complete nuke of your HD try this:

http://dban.sourceforge.net/

If you can't get online ask a friend to go to this site and follow instructions to create a "boot & nuke" disk. Then load the disk into your machine and start up.

TAKE GREAT CARE.

BE WARNED... EVERTHING WILL BE COMPLETELY ERASED ON START UP.

I AM TAKING NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING THAT GOES WRONG IF THIS PROGRAM IS USED INCORRECTLY. NEITHER IS ANYONE ELSE AT THIS SITE.

Recommend you don't leave the nuke disk laying around for anyone else to pick it up inadvertantly and load by mistake. Maybe destroy the disk after use. I've hidden my copy very deeply.

The only TRUE way to make data unrecoverable is by destroying the platters and other HDD parts, because it can still be recovered, at a hefty price. Not %100, but still possible with computer forensics.

dude, or just take it to the field and beat the *beep* out of it with a claw hammer or a baseball bat. Then put it in acid and watch it dissolve! :) :D

Aside from Physically destroying the disk, you can always get data back. There are limits to this of course, but for most cases, even the DOD (Department of Defense) a 7 cycle wipe\randomizer (random arrangement of 1's and 0's) is enough to render it unrecoverable to most people and wallets.

BCwipe or gdisk complies with DoD 5200.28-STD. 3 or 4 passes would still be enough to stop most except the most agressive intruders from recovering your data. Like Inaris said 7 passes will make it mostly unrecoverable. You could also use a heavy magnet to make certain

still possible via tunneling, but doubtful anyone would want to spare the expense to do this as it would involve micro tunneling and microscopes (by checking the states of a charge). Since they can be very sensitive and high resolution, if enough money is available SOME of the info maybe salvagable, but someone would have to be real desperate and have a VERY large bundle of money to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom