Build Log: BIL-Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** man, this looks super sick. I'm really digging the mod so far. I painted my tempest a nice blue and it looks really good matched up with a black interior. Are you going to do a light blue or dark blue?

I'm definitely gonna use some of your ideas in my next case mod.

**** man, this looks super sick. I'm really digging the mod so far. I painted my tempest a nice blue and it looks really good matched up with a black interior. Are you going to do a light blue or dark blue?

I'm definitely gonna use some of your ideas in my next case mod.

Thanks, I appreciate the comment. I'm going to do a darker metalic blue exterior and gloss white interior. Will be painting real soon, pressure is on to get it done. Stupid deadlines!

Sorry boys for the delay, life has gotten really crazy lately and I just needed to bang this thing out. I didn't get to take many photos of the last few stages, too much time cramping. Anyways, here are a few final shots of the empty case.

I'm hoping to get some more photos the next time I go see my brother in law and get some photos of the lights going. There are blue LEDs in all the fans and there is an automotive 12v LED strip I wired inside the case that I'm hoping looks pretty cool as well.

The top bay is the stealthed DVD player while the second is open for expansion. The only thing left to do is a final sanding and polishing of the paint job to get rid of the orange peel effect. However, I usually wait a few months before doing that. Here are some photos:

0103-1.jpg

0173-1.jpg

0272-1.jpg

0232-1.jpg

0034-1.jpg

0043-1.jpg

Thanks! Yeah, I was a bit unsure of the turbine intake tunnels, it's the first time I've tried to make those from scratch. I've used the fan ducts that MNPCTECH sells in the past but they are a bit small for what I wanted this time.

Anyways, I have to give credit to Bill over at mnpctech, I saw him to a version of this one years ago and I always loved it and wanted to do my own version.

Wow that case looks SWEET! I actually like the kinda ripply effect on the paint.

There's the beauty of modding, making it to your own personal preference. I don't mind the ripple effect either. To be honest, unless it's outside in the light you don't see the ripple. However, a beautifully polished paint job is mirror like when it's done. A thing of beauty, it's up to the owner now what he wants done.

Thanks for the well wishes guys, it's appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom