Months of random BSODs, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that sounds like good advice.

But how do I get integrated graphics working. I understand how it works, but I don't see how I can connect my monitor to my motherboard?

Ah... some MB's do not come with an integrated GFX Card :( so if your MB falls into that category, then you cannot do this. Failing that, the only other option is to borrow, steal or buy a low end card to trial it out for a little while...

Yeah, I don't have integrated graphics but finding a cheap *** graphics card shouldn't be too hard to find.

I think I've found a way to make my computer BSOD, if I leave it one for about two days then turn it off for half an hour or so, then back on, it starts BSODing. Is there anything I can gain from this knowledge, or am I simply becoming delusional and beginning to think that anything and everything could be correlated with my BSODs.

Also, I think that if I stand-up and walk in a circle three times clockwise then once anti-clockwise, that stops the BSODs on days when it is raining.

But seriously, the leaving it on for ages then turning it off thing seems to be true. Thanks for any help.

Air flow is not a problem. I monitor processor cores' the temperatures all the time, they get to about 50c after a few hours of starcraft. However, I haven;t been looking at the video card temperature, which is something I should do. The BSODS aren't temperature related since they generally occur when the computer is quite cool.

What sort of power supply would people recommend for my system? I'm thinking around 650w, do you think that will be enough.

Its possibly not just the wattage you need to worry about, as slaymate said before "The GTX460 requires a minimum of a 450w power supply capable of 38 amps on the +12v rail"

The 1st one on the list from google was:

EZCool PS-05 650W

Meets Intel v2.03 enhanced +12V
230V with rear on/off power down button
Over-voltage and current protection +3.3V;+5V;+12V
100% Burn in and hipot tested; short circuit protection
EMI Filter built in
For 775; AM2 and all backward compatible CPU's
Retail boxed
CE/ FCC/ UL approved
ROHS Compliant
+3.3V 35A; +5V 38A;+12V 38A;-5V 0.5A; -12V 1.0A;+5VSB 3.0A

I disagree about the number of rails mattering, but that Corsair certainly is a better choice, Certainly more expensive too tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom