unallocated hdd space

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
jst throwin it out I have no clue when it comes to HDD partitioning lol, so I have a 2TB (NTFS) external and I had split that into 2 so I had an extra 250GB (FAT32) for my 360 and the rest for PC use. Well long story short microsoft screwed me over so I can't play xbl any more for reason I don't want to get into ATM lol, well I still use my 360 but I didn't need 250GB so I took it down to 120GB using EASEUS Partition Master because I had it recommend to me so if this wasn't the program to use don't yell lol. So now I have this unallocated 130GB and I dunno how I merge that back up with the original NTFS partition? thanks for any help hope I gave ya enough to work with

that musta been over my head or something cause if I download that I'm thinking I still won't know how to merge these? Should I try this in a different section? or does anyone have any other thoughts?

That's why there's a tutorial as well to go along with the download instructions.

no i wasn't... i was merely asking whether this was the correct section as in a "do you think it would be better somewhere else" kinda question.

that musta been over my head or something cause if I download that I'm thinking I still won't know how to merge these? Should I try this in a different section? or does anyone have any other thoughts?

I gave instructions on how to merge in the tutorial. As I said, it maybe a bit more difficult depending on where the partitions are located. But I can tell you for a fact that it will work. I created free space at the end of 1 of my drives that I wanted to merge with a partition at the beginning of my drive. GParted moved over the 3 other partitions and merged the space with the existing drive without any issues. So it can be done. It just comes down to what must be done. Instead of being a quick 5 minute process it could turn into a couple of hours if you must move multiple partitions.

Add into that the fact that if the Windows partitions have to move, that could cause disruption for the booting of the system overall. Post up a screen shot of your Disk Management screen and tell us what you want to do. I can then give specific instructions.

so i found someone who showed me how to move the partition in the program i was using, actually pretty easy cause you just click and drag the partition where you want it and done, after i moved it then it merged with the original no problem thanks anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom