Is it my power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see. is there a diagnostic thing i can do to make sure it's the mobo before i shell out the buko bucks and replace my mobo and maybe cpu (although its a decent cpu)

edit: I'm DL some diagnostic software to see if anything pops out, like CPU-Z, hot cpu tester, FreeRAM CP Pro, and HWMonitor

overkill I know

Your CPU is most likely fine. The only diagnostic thing I can think of is a PSU tester. There really isn't a motherboard tester that I know, but if the PSU checks out then I would replace the mobo.

untitled-1.jpg
[/IMG]

this is what i got from cpu-z, freeRAM, and HWMonitor. teh cpu tester would have taken 6 hours so screw that

@ mendozer87, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

i'll check those connections when i turn it off. i've been anxious to turn it off and watch it so south. Although when i was cleaning the whole case, the wires running to the mobo from the front panel were in tact

yup they're in there tight. i just looked up my athlon xp, it's a socket A and i don't believe any new mobo would comply with that. that means new chip too. i'll try to ride it out as long as i can until the mobo goes completely kapoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom