Setting Up Dual Monitors problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarvalho10

Baseband Member
I am trying to set up my computer so i can have 2 monitors so i can do work or other things on my main monitor and watch stuff on the other monitor which is my t.v.

I have plugged my vga cable into the back of my computer on the motherboard section and the other end into the back of my t.v.

right clicked on my desktop clicked extend my desktop and i also had to do this on my ATI Catalyst control system, put my t.v on RGB output and listed the input label as pc and my t.v kept saying 'No signal'.

what am i doing wrong?

if the tv is on RGB for the source (or input) then you won't receive a signal. Make sure the TV input is on VGA.

If your TV has a VGA input then it has a VGA source setting. Cycle through the source options on the TV, it should be listed as PC, or VGA. It looks like you might have had it on PC, but in your original post it was unclear and I justed wanted to verify that you had it on the right input.

Also I'm assuming your graphics card is supporting your non TV monitor, if so, the onboard GPU is going to be disabled, and you'll only be able to run another monitor off of your GPU.

my tv is LG and my output options are... AV1, AV2, COMPONENT, RGB, HDMI.
i have it set on RGB and input label PC at the moment.

Ok, looking in the back of the TV where you connected to the VGA cable and see if there's a label above it, if there is then that's the source you should be after. Also if you're using 2 different GPU's to support 2 monitors then it won't be picked up at all. Have you tried to connect only the monitor and figure out the settings on that, and then add in the monitor you already have configured correctly.

image01.jpg

thats what it says at the moment ... my computer monitor is plugged in to my dvi adapter on my graphics card slot and my tv is plugged in via VGA on the other port. still nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom