Case's N Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
primary and a secondary hard drive, you'll connect them both to the same ide cable if you want. You can change the drive letters in windows.

Will this AMD M/B Fit this ATX case

Sub Category Midi Tower
Brand Intech
Product HR-H821 Midi ATX Tower Case 4 Bay 320Watt Metallic Silver front, Black body
Description * Fix up to 5 units HDD
* Built-in 2 x USB
* Optional thumb screw
* MIC Jack & Earphone Jack in Front Side (Extreme 326)
* Optional cooling fans: 80mm Fan x 2 (Front & Back)
* All metal edges are folded to prevent hand-cutting.
* Metal shielding to protect against EMI leakage.
* Excellent expandability for ATX and Micro-ATX M/B's.

Product Specs Motherboard Supported ATX & Micro ATX
Power Supply Rating 320 watt ATX
Drive Bays Internal 5 x 3.5"
Drive Bays Accessible 4 x 5.25" & 2 x 3.5"
Expansion Slot 7
Housing Type Midi Tower
Dimensions (mm) 435H x 200W x 445D

PC Builder All

Also before you do that make sure it is a Barton core.
I'm unaware of a 2600+ XP out there that ISN'T bartone core, so that info was a little redundant there.

Motherboard Supported ATX & Micro ATX
As long as your motherboard says it's either ATX or Micro ATX form then it'll fit

I dont no wat a barton core is but i looked on google and it says its a barton core Socket A ect.

And the M/B Says GA-7N400-L is the excellent platform for latest
AMD Athlon XP 400MHz FSB processor.

And is a Socket A type M/b so im hoping my System will work

Thanx for making me feel stupid..........
I was merely pointing out the fact that there's not a 2500+ bartone core and one that isn't, so he doesn't wind up thinking that there's two different kinds of 2500's..

I dont no wat a barton core is but i looked on google and it says its a barton core Socket A ect.

Every CPU has a different name for the core or 'architecture' on which is based off of...the 2500+ - 3200+ XP's use the same core, the barton core, unlike the 2400+ and previous versions were Thoroughbred, and I forget what it was before that, this is why you can OC the 2500+ to 3200+ Speeds, because of that reason, they use the same core, so you can be assured that it's solid and should perform up to 3200+ standards...

I haven't had much experience with gigabyte boards, but my brother has one and I wasn't impressed. My two favorite companies thus far are ABit and MSI out of ASUS, ABit, MSI, The little I know about gigabyte thus far, AZZA, SiS and one Intel board that was god knows what...

The absolute best overclockable chip those is the XP-M which is basically the XP except the M stands for Mobile, yes you can put a laptop CPU in a desktop, because they both use the same socket, Socket A, the mobile chip is 35w compared to a desktop chip is 65w and has a lower Vcore, so it'll be way easier to keep it cool while overclocking. Got mine sitting up at 2.5 from 1.8 ;)

Believe it or not you can get a Thoroughbred 2600+ processor. So don't feel stupid Nvidia.

Saw one for sale at Best Buy. Not kidding 266Mhz bus 2600+ processor.

also saw one here

http://www.directron.com/xp133b.html

I thought 2400+ was the max for Thoroughbred too but I guess I'm wrong.

Not to hijack the thread but would it be a worthwhile upgrade from a 1700+ that I have now? I just checked my MB website and it's supported by my board. hmm...

Believe it or not you can get a Thoroughbred 2600+ processor. So don't feel stupid Nvidia.
See there you go Nvidia ;)

And here's another but I'm not understanding something. It's seems there are to T-Bred 2600+ processors out there. One running at 1.917 GHz and another running at 2.1 Ghz??
The FSB Speeds are different. The one running at 2.1 has a FSB of 266 and the 1.9GHz chip has an FSB of 333, that's the one you linked that had a thoroughbread core. I'm gonna guess they made those first, then when the bartone core was made, they went back and revised the 2500's and 2600's to have the same core as the 3200+, could be a possibility.....either way though, if you go to newegg you aren't going to find the T-bred 2600 XP I don't believe, I did a quick scan and I saw the 2600+ Barton core, so I think it's only the outdated ghetto places that have a 2600+ T-bred....

Not to hijack the thread but would it be a worthwhile upgrade from a 1700+ that I have now? I just checked my MB website and it's supported by my board. hmm...
To upgrade to the 2400+ or 2600+? The 2600+ would be worth it cause you can OC it if your motherboard has the right options, as far as going from 1700+ to 2400+ I don't think it would and you'd be better off with simply getting a new mobo down the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom