Help! PC is acting funky! USB seems sketchy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PositiveKaram

In Runtime
Okay, I'm currently freaking out so I'm going to explain this to the best of my abilities.

I was using my computer yesterday and it was working just fine. All the bells and whistles going off as usual. I go to bed and hit the moon key (Standby) on my wireless USB keyboard and go to sleep. Well when I woke up today the PC was not acting as usual. My front panel and onboard USB will not recognize anything I put in it (Keyboard, WIFI, Mouse, Xbox Controller) and the speakers would make the connect and disconnect USB noises over and over again with no intention of stopping until I shut my machine down. Not sure what to do I pressed the CMOS reset button on my motherboard a few times and let it reboot. Well now the computer won't even turn on. It will boot up and tell me my CMOS isn't set and asks me to set the values or just set the defaults by hitting F2 so that's what I do and it just goes to a blank screen.

What is going on here? Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm about to go get a brand new hard drive and start with a fresh Windows 7 install.

i would try to get into the BIOS to disable the usb controllers.

you may need to remove any peripherals to get the pc to boot.

you may need to try using a boot cd instead of booting from the HD.

flash the bios if you get a chance. i'm leaning towards faulty hardware tho.

I had to use my computer so I couldn't wait for advice and i tried to reinstall windows, well, this hasn't gone as planned either. I had reinstalled the motherboard drivers and uninstalled all the programs i didn't need. Still no dice, so i went to the windows reinstall. Well just my luck my PC has fudged that up as well and i can't boot into windows whatsoever. I am so frustrated right now i don't know what to do. I'll try to get into the BIOS.

Double posting as needed, I'm in the BIOS. In the middle of a fudged windows install. What do the experts here suggest doing so I can get my PC back?

And slaymate, is the cmos the entire BIOS? The boot order is the CD drive first, then the HDD

To start with, double posting as needed? You just need to learn to properly use whatever device your using. Edits can be performed from a phone, tablet or a pc.

Yes, the CMOS is the Bios.

I would clean the case of any dust and check all my fans for proper operation. If your overclocking, write all your settings down and run the system at stock speeds for now. Perform a "Fresh" install of Windows.

Slaymate:1929232 said:
To start with, double posting as needed? You just need to learn to properly use whatever device your using. Edits can be performed from a phone, tablet or a pc.

Yes, the CMOS is the Bios.

I would clean the case of any dust and check all my fans for proper operation. If your overclocking, write all your settings down and run the system at stock speeds for now. Perform a "Fresh" install of Windows.

Sorry. I just got this app for the forums today still learning it. I haven't overclocked, all the fans are preforming as needed. I've tried to do the fresh windows install once and my computer had went screwy in the middle of it.

Well thanks for the advice but everything I've tried just isn't working. I'm taking it to a local PC place tomorrow and I'll reply with what they suggest on here when I find out. Thanks again guys. I hope she's okay.

EDIT: Bought a brand new harddrive and tried to install windows. Same USB failure. RMAing the Motherboard this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom