PC, Coffee Table Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axehack

In Runtime
Ok, so i have far too many computers in my building... Im running a web based CCTV system downstairs for my dads pub, I have a PC in my living room plugged into my TV, I have a File Server also in the living room, I have another Desktop PC in the living room for basic use, I have a laptop which gets used wirelesly, 2 X-Boxe 360's and another 2 laptops next door...

For now, im trying to clean up the living room a bit... The PC on my TV is not an issue, its tucked away nicely... My laptop does not get used in the house much anyway either... But the two PC's (fileserver and basic laptop) could do with being neatened up... I intend to strip them of their shells and build them into my coffee table... Now im not much of a Carpenter, but i have a good idea of how ill go about it... Have a look at these pics and let me know what you think.... Anything additional that you could add to it would be great... just looking for Ideas for now....

Also please note that i might not bother with the keyboard and mouse as you can get These: Wireless Mini 2.4G Keyboard Track ball Mouse Presenter | eBay
Which i think would be pretty cool

320257_277779865581392_100000481422998_1146710_4027405_n.jpg

313318_277779845581394_100000481422998_1146709_1867558_n.jpg

Oh yea... The two MB's would be hooked up to a single monitor obv... File Server would have pretty much zero physical access as it would just be accessed through the network

Please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

That's a cool idea! It would be neat to have the touchscreen work in sync with the tv and have seperate controls for the video on the coffee table screen and then have the "flick to send to TV" thing....

That would actually be quite easy to do, The only problem is with cables running to the table... All power will be running to it from a single extension which is already too much... But then having an HDMI from the table to the TV would just be a pain i think :( is there any way to do it wirelessly that you know of?

the table would never be more than a meter from the TV, so i was thinking about getting one of those wireless transievers... I had one for my SKY tv before for watching sky in my bedroom, it was £30 and the signal was TERRIBLE! If anybody knows of a decent one, it might be worth considering.... that would allow me to get rid of the PC attached to the TV entirely... Hmmm... im liking the idea!

Im considering getting some water-proof speakers too! As it will still be used as a coffee table, it has to be pretty safe... But then if i got it hooked up to the TV, then there'd be no need for that either! lol

LOL wierd.... I know there's some speakers that look like rocks. they're used outside so they should be waterproofed. but then you'd have rocks on your coffee table or on the floor. LOL.

hahaha, i dont think i fancie rocks on my table... But if they have those then there will be something else too i would imagine... I just thought... I could quite easily build the speakers into the bottom, sides or the rear, this would be a more sensible idea, as beer spillage is quite a realistic and common problem in my living rom XD . Or even if the budget allows for it, a wireless 5.1 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom