Status
Not open for further replies.

eiflegend

Baseband Member
good day to everyone!
this is my first gaming build that im waiting for to arrive:

Case: Xion Echo Gaming Case - Black
Processor: [= Six Core =] AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X6 1100T Black Edition Six-Core CPU
Processor Cooling: Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (AMD) - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)
Memory: 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6970 - 2GB - Single Card
Motherboard: [CrossFire] ASUS M4A87TD EVO -- AMD 870 w/ 2x PCI-E 2.0 x16
Primary Hard Drive: 750 GB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DX
Power Supply: 850 Watt -- Thermaltake TR2 W0319RU
Advanced - iBUYPOWER Harmony SRS Sound Reduction System
Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (AMD) - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)

i had a few questions for the experts

1. does the case matter all that much? i kinda picked one of the cheaper ones from the list...the amd hd 6970 video card seems huge, will it fit in it? lol
2. is an ssd worth the price? if i decide to get one, will it make much difference in gaming?
2. i had the option to buy a surge protector but skipped on it since i already have one at home. its just a basic thing though, and it got me wondering if my new computer will get fried at the first sight of a power outage, and if i should reconsider. what do you all use in that regard?
3. does anyone have any comments or suggestions on what else i should possibly get/change to make my experience with this new pc a good one?

i appreciate any feedback!

what is your absolute max budget and tell me what you need ( monitor, speakers, key board etc etc etc ), and what do you want to do with this computer? based on all that i will put together the best possible build for you...

i pretty much intend to play video games and check my email on this. the overall price was in the low $1600s, but i did get a monitor with it (a 27" Sceptre X270W). i probably won't be using speakers much since i got headphones, but i'd be willing to spend around $50 on something decent, and i already have a usb keyboard + mouse.
i do intend on using wireless tho, and was planning on getting a wireless usb adapter. is there a good one you'd recommend? my budget has pretty much been blown on the actual pc... but i seem to have everything i need at this moment. except maybe power protection but i am still not positive on whether i need it or not

the case is a Corsair graphite 400, awesome case, can support a lot of fans which will get you ideal performance out of your hardware, i went with a 2500k quad core intell processor because in my oppinion it is simply the best processor on the market for the money right now, the mother board i paired it with should get you a good 4.7-4.8ghz out of the processor, Crossfire XFX 6970 will give you a lifetime warranty while you beast through every game you can imagine, 8 gigs of ram is more than you need, but it will serve you well, i dont build computers with anything but corsair powersupplies, 3 year warranty cant be beat, in my oppinion, a SSD isnt worth it if you have even a penny of patience, the integrated sound cards of mother boards now a days are very good you do not need a sound card, and of course i went with the best cooler on the market to get the most out of your processor, Corsairs H100 water cooler... Enjoy!

Case: $100
Corsair Carbide Series 400R
Newegg.com - Corsair Carbide Series 400R Graphite grey and black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case

processor+Mobo: $355
ASUS P8P67 + 2500K
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Graphics Card: $700
XFX 6970 x2
Newegg.com - XFX HD-697A-CNFC Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Memory: $55
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

power supply: $170
CORSAIR Professional Series HX850
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Professional Series HX850 (CMPSU-850HX) 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

hard Drive: $65
Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

DVD Burner: $20
Newegg.com - ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - CD / DVD Burners

CPU Cooler: $125
Corsair H100
Newegg.com - CORSAIR H100 (CWCH100) Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Total: $1585

haha looks great except for my original order is already processing. plus i wouldnt risk putting all the parts together by myself, which is prob what i'd do if i knew what i was doing. and 2x 6970s? i think that's waaay overkill, one's more than enough for me :p im not planning on being a permanent gamer tho, will just get that impulse i've had since i was a kid (of having a top notch pc that could max out any game) out of my system....and sell the desktop in a few years.

would you say i over paid for what i got with my original set up though? i have a feeling that probably a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom