What do you think of this MoBo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with the OCZ in RAID 0 that should boost the read/write speeds up to beat the corsair? Also, sorry about the double post. I don't have access to a computer right now so I'm posting from my phone.

Do you mean OCZ SSDs in raid 0 would be faster than Corsair SSDs in raid 0? I cannot say for sure that one set of drives would "beat" the other. They are probably better for different things, so they could vary in results (constant transfer rate, IOPS, etc).

I prefer OCZ because they have the highest transfer rate with a good IOPS and they're reliable, as I've gone through 3 have none have failed (1 in a different machine, 2 in this one). I've never had to update any firmware, or any BSOD (hard drive related that is..I have had it due to memory :p ).

Well those corsairs said they were 550/515 which is the fastest I've seen but I've also heard of them failing a lot so I guess I should change to the OCZ. Anyway, what about the motherboard? I really like the idea of that thermal shield, it looks real nice and it seems like a good thing as long as you get the extra fan. The layout is nice and there's plenty of room for SLI and a sound card.

Well I changed a lot more than I thought I was going to but it's down to 3,069 now. I kept the PSU at 1000W though for future upgradability when 1x GTX 580 doesn't feel like enough anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom