GPU Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
I think this has been discussed before but I couldn't be entirely sure. If you have a video card that has 3072MB running on an 32-bit OS, will it be able to use all of that memory or does it work the same as RAM where you need a 64-bit OS for all of the memory to be usable?

I don't understand, how does that cut your system memory? Aren't they unrelated? I feel really stupid considering I took the A+ Certification and passed and yet I feel like I don't know anything compared to the people on these forums. :(

Not totally. Windows x86 can only recognize the 4Gig limit, which is ALL the memory in the system basially, as it all needs to be addressed by windows.

I ran into this when i upgraded to my 260, b786Eg card. I went from 4Gig to 3.Sumtin Gig in Windows

Not totally. Windows x86 can only recognize the 4Gig limit, which is ALL the memory in the system basially, as it all needs to be addressed by windows.

I ran into this when i upgraded to my 260, b786Eg card. I went from 4Gig to 3.Sumtin Gig in Windows

This.

On a 32bit OS, you can only recognize up to 3.5 to 4GB of RAM, including video memory. If you want to utilize all of your RAM / VRAM, use a 64bit OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom