Motherboard ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends how much you want to spend. Current best choice seems to be the Asus P8P67.
Start at the basic and move up, Pro < Evo < Deluxe < WS Revolution. Avoid the LE if you want to overclock.

What is your price range for the mobo? Planning to do any sli/crossfire?

I like going with an Asus mobo.

I just put the ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe in my current machine, and the P8P67 Pro in a machine for my brother. Both are great boards. I really like the GUI based bios and they have a nice idiot proof overclocking feature and system monitor.

Anybody know anything about the GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 and the
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4

@ ingeborgdot, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

Are you serious. Unless I do that then the topic goes on down farther and as I have found out does not get seen as easily.

Yes he is serious. Double posting is unnecessary, and you're topic won't get lost in the abyss.

To answer your question if you're just doing video editing then the motherboard you end up choosing is up to you. There aren't specific features that make a motherboard better or worse for video editing. Certainly if you spend $50 on a board the quality component will be lacking, and you might run into issues, but if you stay with a Z68 or P67 board around the $150 mark, you're not gonna go wrong. The ASUS P8P67 line, MSI GD55/GD65 line, Gigabyte UD3/UD4 are all good choices, and it really comes down to you and what you want to go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom