Stuttering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that game Battlefield: Bad Company 2?
I did some searching and people say that purple dot is a glitching texture in the game.

Do you think you can get a multimeter and physically test the voltages on the psu?
Also when you took the SS of HWMonitor, was the system under load? If not could you retake another SS under load so we can see the max temperature of the cpu/gpu.

yes that game is battle field bad company 2.
no i wont be able to physically test the psu voltage. but in the bios it says the correct values which it should be. im pretty sure the values are just not shown correctly, i think everything is fine with my psu as it is only 2 weeks old and it isnt a no name brand, the power supply i have is Corsair TX 650.

yes it was under load under prime95. but this ss is the computer running battle field bad company 2 for about 1 hour. Imageshack - unledkcp.png

now let me tell you a little story about my computer :).

i had a 9800 gt geforce graphics card, my computer always crashed in games and i had a 430 watt 5 year old thermal take power supply, i only had enough money for a ati 6850 graphics card, i installed it and it was running fine. i went to sleep all happy, the next day i go to turn my computer on and it wouldnt start. i did everything i could and it would not start. after long hours of trying to find out what it was i pinned it down to be the power supply had fried itself and also the motherboard was dead. i bought a Corsair TX 650 power supply for my ati 6850, and i also bought a Asus M5A78L-MLx motherboard and as my motherboard was very old and only held ddr2 ram i bought 8gb ddr3 Kingmax.

my computer works fine in games with high fps in battle field bad company 2 max graphics without anti analyzing v sync. i get 60 fps min and around 150 fps max. though which really annoys me is when i am playing i get stuttering, an example is when im running in battle field bad company 2 i get jolts which is really annoying, i have ran Fraps and looked at the fps when the jolts happen and the fps does not change.

so all my new parts are Motherboard Graphics Card Power supply and ram and i can kind of rule out that those parts are not the problem. so then we have the processor and hard drive to look at.

which one do you think is most likely to be the problem. and is there a way i can pin which part is causing the stuttering ?.

i am most likely going to upgrade my cpu anyways but i dont want to upgrade and still get the stuttering problem.

i have a AMD Athlon II 640 3ghz and i am going to upgrade to AMD Phenom II 975 3.6 ghz and im going to oc it to 4ghz. how much performance increase do you think i would get out of that upgrade ?.

or do you think i would be better off upgrading from

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Samsung-SP2504C-250-GB-SATA-300-Hard-Disk-Drive-Review/307

to

http://www.computeralliance.com.au/parts.aspx?qryPart=13005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom