Project: "Open Air" Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the long reply, but I finally got around to putting some wire tubing on.

IMG_0153.jpg

Looks neater, IMO.

(yeah, I'll get that cable tie mount off..)

Update!

IMG_0137.jpg

I got it bolted to my desk! Also on the upper left, my fan controller for my CPU fan (came with the Rosewill heatsink) and my lil' USB hub. Easier to plug in a keyboard if need be.

Might be a bit messy-looking, but it's well organized.

Wow Nice setup!

Don't double post. Edit.

How much does what cost? The whole system? Maybe $300, not including the HDDs, PSU and the case. Took the rivets off the case, holding the motherboard plate. Plus bolts to the table we already had.

What about safety? Don't those metal cases that wrap around the computers provide us with some kind of safety shield against secret Martian waves?

Hey MoM, looks nice man! For your problems mounting to the underneath, get liquid nails from a hardware store and use it to glue a small 1\2" thick piece of pine that will give you something to put your screws into.

@crash: Actually, the only thing the backplate does is hold the motherboard securely on, seperated by stand-offs. It'd be the same as running your computer with the side panel off.

Actually, I am now pulling this thing out. Not the end of it, though. I want to change it out with my other system, now that I got a CPU for it. It's a 1156 system.

I plan to build a tech station. How, I'm not sure yet, still working on that. Not buying a $80 tech station when I can use spare parts around the house.

Something like this:

http://www.xoxide.com/hspc-topdeck-tech-station-14x95.html

I want to, perhaps in 2-3 weeks, get a NAS enclosure, Put my 2 x 640GB on RAID1 and share it over the network. I know I could do it with this system, but the NAS uses less power and is all set, in one tiny box. Have my eye on this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822155019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom